I used the following things to create this image:
- SLR camera
- 1 flash
- pocket wizards to set off the flash
- a DIY beauty dish (helps to direct and enlarge the light source)
- White plastic lid to bounce the light back towards the subject
- a black polar fleece fabric
- 2 chairs
- 2 brooms
- 1 bag of water
- 2 clamps to hold the tomato and bag of water
- 1 cookie sheet to catch the water
- 1 straight pin to poke a hole on the bag of water
I did this in my kitchen at home. I put the two chairs on the table and hung the brooms across them at different levels. I then attached the tomato and bag of water on the brooms with the bag on the top broom. I set up the light to the right and leaned the plastic lid against the leg of the chair on the left. lastly I draped the black fabric over the chairs to create the backdrop. take a look at the image below to get a better idea of what it all looked like
I then set up my tripod and camera with the camera slightly higher then the tomato. Once my camera was set up and locked down tight I turned my attention to focus and camera settings. After the proper focus was set I turned off the auto focus so it would not change when it pressed the shutter button.
hear are the settings for my camera:
ISO 200, f/11 @ 1/200 of a second
I did make the background a bit darker and added a thin stroke (boarder) around the image in Photoshop but that's about it for post processing.
If you have any question leave me a comment below and I will do my best to answer it.