When I showed these to him he seemed to like the look and said he would get back to me. After a few conversations we eventually decided to work together and we set a date for the shoot.
The project encompassed licencing images for advertising and printing and printed images for display and promotion of a new campaign on healthy living in the city using the available facilities. The City of Brooks has two beautiful facilities for the residents to use and we tried to cover a broad range of uses.
Right from the beginning we were thinking of printing big. I this case the final prints are 3 feet high by 6 feet wide. We knew the images would be in potentially humid environments so we opted to print on vinyl bannering material. Over the span of a few separate days we shot the following sports along with some staff photos:
- Weight training/Cardio
There are a few things that I was either reminded of or learned through this experience.
- Having an assistant is invaluable
- Make sure you have lots of memory cards (especially when shooting in RAW)
- Begin with the end in mind but be prepared to make changes on the fly
- Printing on vinyl is a little tricky
- Know your camera and be aware of the strengths and limitations of your system.
- don't be afraid to make suggestions and put yourself out there it may just result in a great opportunity